Advisory services include value-added services which our clients do not have time to do, do not want to do, or cannot do for themselves. As our clients’ accountant, we have the capacity to provide tailored advice and opinions
As accounting professionals, most of us have seen businesses succeed and fail. By offering our expertise and providing guidance, we can help our clients in one or more specific situations.
We Offer advice
As an advisor, our words carry authority. Business owners often feel in the dark when trying to navigate their financials. At AAN, we help filter out the unnecessary and focus on the most relevant information to their situation. From this position of authority, our clients feel confident with the information they are provided.
We Coach our clients
Business owners frequently find themselves paralyzed in decision making due to a lack of financial knowledge, unsure when to purchase assets or implement investment strategies. However at AAN we do our best to ensure that our clients are at par when it comes to the knowledge they should Integral to successful coaching is providing guidance tailored to our client’s specific needs.
We Give a fresh perspective
If they have the time, your clients spend their days looking at one set of books. They are often set in their ways and/or in a pattern of doing things the way they have always done them. We bring a fresh perspective from the outside looking in. By asking leading questions and asking why they perform tasks in a particular manner, you can help your clients see things in a new light. Our job is to review existing processes and look for opportunities to apply best practices.
Contact and communication
Set realistic expectations about the timeframe in which change will occur. Like us, clients are busy people and want to see instant results; therefore, it is critically important to stay in touch, so they do not drift back into prior behaviour due to lack of immediate success meetings, if for nothing more than to touch base with your clients. Continual communication is a crucial success factor to help them stick to the plan and stay on track.
We offer book keeping services using various accounting program, such as Sage, Quickbooks & tally for the small enterprises. Introducing a proper filing system for document keeping for the management as well as in light of Uganda Revenue Authority mandate.
- Preparation of profit & loss accounts and Balance sheets
- Cost accounting
- Control reports
- Fraud investigation
- Business diminution report
- Professional malpractice report
- Wrongful termination report
- Provide litigation support and other related services
- Ensuring compliance with tax regulatory authorities by filing of returns i.e. monthly Vat return, Paye return and Annual return.
- Attend Uganda Revenue Authority hearing on behalf of our clients as tax agents.
- Filing of objections, against the Tax Assessments raised by Uganda revenue authority
- Handling of Comprehensive Income tax and Vat audits for our client with Uganda Revenue Authority.
- Registration and company incorporation
- Amendment of shareholdings
- Filing of annual return and various forms to the registrar of companies.
- Shares transfer and change of directorship.
- Preparation of board resolutions, mandates, declaration of the trust and their registration from relevant Registrar.
- Registration of trademarks and logos.
Choosing an external auditor is a critical aspect of managing the external audit process because it is important for business owners and managers to have a good relationship with their external auditors. We work independently of a company. We are not full-time or employees of any client but instead we are engaged by a client to provide a level of professionalism and objectivity in the review of internal controls and financial statements. Up-front communication is the hallmark of the selection process. Business owners should seek an auditor who is keen to discuss issues as they arise and who does not hide the risk of financial decisions from the company or its management.
- External audits help provide validity and insight on the accuracy of the financial statements
- External audits help in discovering errors in their accounting processes
- Limiting legal and tax issues, we provide business owners with information on the legal and tax issues relating to accounting information because incorrect accounting information can increase tax liability.
- By conducting external audits, we help educate business owners on the importance of accounting information in business
- At AAN, we keep our mind open assuming that the errors point to mistakes rather than fraud unless there is strong evidence to think otherwise